Fall is a great time to go shopping! Fashion designers love the Fall too – because you are shopping for all of the designs that are shared during Fashion week. Top designs from these shows present the colors of the season, the length of our skirts, the width of our trousers, materials, patterns and many more fine tuned designs. Fall is a big shopping season for both designers and consumers who are done with the summer colors and want something new.
Believe it or not, we as consumers, really do drive the fashion industry. Either we buy it, or we don’t. If blue was a big color during fashion week, then you will most likely see blue in your local department store.
Now, as the consumer, you have an opportunity to respond to designers by either buying their ideas or passing by the rack that does not catch your fancy.
Below are some great tips to keep in mind when you head out to shop for your Fall wardrobe this year.
- Printed designs catch the eye and tend to make certain areas stand out.
- Flowers tend to enhance areas.
- Horizontal stripes widen areas.
- Vertical stripes will elongate your body.
- Solid colors tend to be more slimming and tend not to accentuate certain areas.
- A darker background color and big pattern will provide a slimming effect with a distraction – this can hide body flaws.
- A solid dark color will provide a slimming effect and focus will be on your face instead of your flaws.
- If you would like to make your hip and thigh area look smaller, go with a solid color bottom and a printed top.
- If you would like to enhance your bust line, select a pattern that is bright with a busy pattern on the top and a darker bottom.
- V-neck cuts give smaller chests a boost.
- Ruffles accentuate the bust area.
- If you have a wide waist area, gathered fabrics in a solid color reduce the appearance of a thick waist.
- Fashion Week Style Directory – Who to Watch and How to Get the Look (fabsugar.com)
- New York Fashion Week – Obando Spring 2013 (iconicitv.com)
- 5 Designers We’re Keeping Tabs on This Fashion Week- and Why (fabsugar.com)
- NYFW: GGB Fashion Focus – The Mika Mo (glambergirlblog.com)
- Designer Pop Up Shops (internthe.wordpress.com)
- How Technology Is Changing Fashion Forever (blazingminds.co.uk)