How do you find the swimsuit that is right for you? Shopping for a swimsuit can be a daunting task. There are so many styles, so many colors, so many fits, and so many cuts.
Selecting a swimsuit with a solid color or print may be a difficult choice when purchasing a new swimsuit. But, if you know just a few hints, this decision can quickly be narrowed down. Printed designs tend to call attention to a pattern, and solid colors tend not to attract focus.
Printed designs catch the eye and tend to make certain areas stand out. Flowers tend to enhance areas, and horizontal stripes widen areas. Vertical stripes will elongate your body. Solid colors tend to be more slimming and tend not to accentuate certain areas.
Next, let’s enhance your figure
So, knowing the above few facts and the shape of your own body, perhaps you have already decided upon solid or print for you swimsuit. If not, here are some suggestions that help you focus on areas that enhance your body. You may wish to mix solid and patterns to create your best look.
- If you would like to hide body flaws with a one piece swim suit, a suit with a darker background and big pattern will provide a slimming effect with a distraction.
- A solid dark color will provide a slimming effect and focus will be on your face instead of your printed suit.
- If you would like to make your hip and thigh area look smaller, go with a solid color bottom and a printed top. This applies to a one piece or a two piece swim suit.
- If you would like to enhance your bust line, select a pattern that is bright and has a busy pattern on the top and a darker bottom. Swim suits with a V-neck cut (halter) give smaller chests a boost. Ruffles also accentuate the bust area.
- If you have a wide waist area, gathered fabrics in a solid color reduce the appearance of a thick waist.
Please read Tips for shopping for a swimsuit and Swimsuit styles and shapes for more ideas on selecting a swimsuit that is right for you.
- Tips for Shopping for a Swimsuit (signaturealamode.com)
- Swimsuit Styles and Shapes (signaturealamode.com)
- Alicia Vianga: Swimsuit Shopping: Get Beach Ready the Easy Way (huffingtonpost.ca)